Site Reliability Engineer - Azure - Kafka - Mongo DB - IAM
Posted on May 15, 2020 by Levy Associates Ltd
Are you up for a challenge and ready to change how software is developed in the financial industry? As a Site Reliability Engineer you are responsible for building of a highly reliable automated system for our toolset and platform used by financial service providers to create solutions for their clients in an automated fashion, with lower cost and shorter time to market.
You are a talented self-driven engineer with production grade experience. Knowledge and skills of the major cloud providers, containers, HA distributed systems, monitoring, CI/CD, infrastructure automation tools and techniques is a must. You are an abstract thinker and have excellent communication skills. You are a good team player and just like everyone in our team, you have a strong drive to make things happen.
Our work environment
Our initiative is changing the way software is developed for financial institutions. We are a small but highly motivated international team with a complete set of functional and technical expertise to build and run our end to end solution. We cover all the phases of the software development process: analysis, design, development, integration, testing, implementation, operations, security and maintenance.
The Site Reliability Engineering is a core function in a full stack team of security, Back End, Front End engineers and domain experts.
We all work together to bring our toolchain to the next level.
To succeed you have to be open, flexible and self-started, with take it on and make it happen mentality.
- Have 5+ years of production hands-on experience in SRE, OPS, DevOps environments involving tight collaboration with all the functions within and outside the team.
- Have an academic degree in computer science or other engineering studies.
- Have strong experience in the operation of mission critical HA distributed software systems
- Have good communication skills.
- Have abstract thinking skills.
- Have experience in cloud native applications in major cloud providers. We are using Azure.
- Have experience in containers orchestration. We are using Kubernetes and Docker.
- Have experience with IAM and cloud access policies.
- Have experience with SQL and DB performance optimisation. We are using PostgreSQL.
- Have experience with CI/CD. We are using Gitlab and Azure DevOps.
- You automate and document all the work you do.
- For you security is important as everything you do.
- Have a strong drive to bring this initiative to the next level