FTTx Planning and Design Engineer
Posted on May 15, 2020 by Connect 44 AG
We are currently looking for an experienced FTTx Planning and Design Senior Engineer. In this contract role, you will lead the planning and design activities for the Copper and Fiber access network. The position is based in Zürich.
- Work for large-scale and important FTTx projects as a technical leader to support copper and fiber access network planning and design
- Completely understand the SOW of contract and exact customer requirement, output FTTx project planning and design in order to fulfil implementation in the field
- As a leader of the FTTx engineering team, you are in charge of the management and communication of internal and external customers, team members and subcontractor to enhance customer satisfaction and promote the market consolidation and development
- Prepare, monitor and control the FTTx copper/fiber access network design activities by internal staff and/or subcontractors in ensuring that the FTTx network is designed in a cost effective manner
- Preparation of construction drawings for permit submittals as well as keeping all network design infrastructure design up to date. Review designs to evaluate constructability and checking on impact on schedules, budget and construction costs
- Manage the FTTx design activities in ensuring that the design output are submitted and approved timely to meeting the projects schedule, quality standards and customer needs
- Conduct Design Review Meetings and Workshops as required; and to formulate and approve the FTTx design guidelines and drafting standards/requirements for the turnkey project
- Investigate and determine if survey reports/results are acceptable and determine/justify the Feeder, FDT and Distribution cable routing and locations
- Ensure the subcontractors' performance meet the required specifications/guidelines and quality standard, and take remedial actions if needed
- Fluent in German and English is a must!
- Higher Diploma in Electrical/Electronic/Civil Engineering, or equivalent
- 3+ years' working experiences in telecommunication FTTx fields
- Solid understanding with project management methods and large-scale, integrated communication construction project procedures, quality management methods, etc.
- Experienced with copper access network engineering design standards and specifications, relevant products and elements knowledge, and various planning & design tools
- Technology know-how: PTA, ISLK, FTTH-DB, NOVIS, PPS, LV-Tool, SPAN, Notepad ++
- Know-how of relevant laws, business, finance, and bidding project experience
- Experienced in training and motivating subordinates and strong communication skills
- Result oriented and proactive work attitude
- Strong ability to learn, self-management skills and the ability to work independently
- High flexibility and able to manage multiple tasks, being target oriented and able to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse, high paced organization
Important: To be considered for this role, applicants must be either Swiss citizens, EU-nationals or are eligible to live and work in Switzerland.
We are looking for people who are brave enough to work with the newest technologies and create solutions which enrich people's life. Join us if you are keen to be part of a multicultural and rapidly growing environment - write the future together with us.