Software Engineer (Java & Linux) - Global Financial Organisation - Lux
Posted on May 15, 2020 by SKILLFINDER INTERNATIONAL
A contract position, as a Software Engineer, with a competitive daily rate, plus a modern office layout, located in the heart of Luxembourg.
Working with a world renowned financial organisation, we are looking for highly motivated, solution-oriented Software Engineer to implement target consolidation requirements for applications in the area of Settlement IT, specifically Cash Lifecycle Engine and Cash Reconciliation.
- Strong technical expertise in the area of application development, ideally on Cloud infrastructure (AWS/AZURE)
- Deep expertise in Java and SQL
- Good practical knowledge in Linux, automated testing tools and parsers of XML messages
- Knowledge of Oracle Weblogic server, Oracle RDBMS, Perl/Shell, Powerbuilder
- Hands on IntelliJ, Jenkins, SonarQube, HP Fortify, GitHub, Jira, Docker, BlackDuck
- Fast learner, solution oriented
- Capacity to quickly understand and think out of the box
- Ability to work in an international team distributed across multiple locations
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Implement Target Consolidation (TACO) requirements for applications in the area of Settlement IT, specifically Cash Lifecycle Engine (NCCIP) and Cash Reconciliation (NOSTRO)
- Write Functional and Technical Design Documents
- Update application source code
- Develop automated unit and integration tests using synthetic data
- Support Testing execution and functional/Business testing teams during acceptance phases
- Fix defects and implement Change requests
- Participate to the launch of the release
- Deliver Documents
- Provide 1st line support during testing and production rollout phases
- Ensure progress reporting to line and project managers
- Interact with the functional, security and testing execution teams
Additional Domain & Business Skills
- Experience in banking IT
- Understanding of SWIFT standards (ISO 15022, ISO 20022) specifically cash instruction, confirmation and statements messages
- Functional understanding of key settlement topics (ie secured cash financing facilities, settlement netting, settlement sequencing, settlement reporting).
Please only apply if you have the eligibility to work in the Luxembourg.
For further information about this truly exciting opportunity and for an immediate interview, please get in touch without delay!