Financial Software Engineer - Python
Posted on May 15, 2020 by Request Technology
*This is a permanent full time role*
A fortune 500 company is on the search for a Financial Software Engineer Python. This role is revolved around python development and the ability to build production web services and they also need to have Experience working with numerical/quantitative systems, eg, pandas, NumPy, SciPy and Apache Spark.
- Design, develop and support production systems, which typically contain a models developed by a team of data scientists. Our existing systems are written in Python, however, we choose the right technologies for each system, so candidates need to be able to quickly learn new languages and libraries.
- Design and develop new code, implement automated testing to ensure standard technology development practices are met
- Work side-by-side with data science and machine learning experts to solve their technical challenges, for example:
- Implement new machine learning techniques that are not provided by an existing library
- Optimize code written by data scientists to reduce runtime and memory usage
- At least 3 years of experience developing in Python or Java
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with building production web services
- Experience working with numerical/quantitative systems, eg, pandas, NumPy, SciPy and Apache Spark
- Experience writing automated unit, integration, regression, performance and acceptance tests
- Experience with cloud computing and storage services