Esri ArcSDE Geodatabase Administrator (DBA)
Posted on May 15, 2020 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking anEsri ArcSDE Geodatabase Administrator with solid experience and knowledge in designing, implementing, and supporting multi-user versioned geodatabases.
The GIS Team is composed of 2 developers, a team leader, and system administrator. The team supports over 300 ArcGIS Desktop (Citrix VM) users and over 60,000 annual geospatial web application (ArcGIS Server) visits. The team develops Esri ArcGIS services, applications, and geodatabases (Oracle 11g/12c SDO/ST Geometry). The team supports GIS functions in transportation permitting, road inventory, emergency operations, crash location, project planning, and asset management. The team coordinates with client, server, network, and database/data warehouse personnel to support IT Project implementation and user support.
The team is migrating from ArcGIS 10 to ArcGIS 10.4.1. Geodatabases will need to be upgraded. Esri Roads and Highways will be integrated with asset management and traffic operation systems. The agency geoportal will be enhanced to provide public access to data, metadata, and services (ArcGIS, KML, WMS, etc.). Additional extract, transform, and loading (ETL) functions will be developed with ActiveBatch, Esri Model Builder, Esri Workflow Manager, and SafeSoftware FME to support business needs.
The position is a yearly contact. Work on this project year after year for multiple years.
- Manages the (SDE) data and operation of the Esri Roads and Highways and all other Esri enterprise geodatabases
- Performs geospatial data processing/ETL and publishing of data into enterprise geodatabases
- Acquires, maintains, and disseminates GIS data in support of GDOT activities
- Maintains currency and completeness of enterprise geodatabase data, metadata, and geoportal
- Ensures completion of data updates and facilitates resolution of data governance/quality issues
- Controls GIS data security, access, distribution, and retention
- Replicates, synchronizes, and restores geodatabases
- Creates data caches
- Troubleshoots and supports end user data compression, versioning, and multi-user editing workflows within geodatabases
- Implements data security and access controls
- Implements geodatabase design standards
- Creates and supports Active Batch, Model Builder, Workflow Manager, and FME jobs
- Migrates raster holdings to Image Server
- Performs geodatabase administration, configuration, tuning, and performance monitoring in hand with Oracle DBA's
- Develops spatial views and data views in hand with Enterprise Data Warehouse Team
- Geodatabase design documents, metadata, data models, and schemas
- Facilitates GIS data interoperability with Bentley Microstation transportation design plans
- Bachelor's in Geography, GIS, Computer Science, or a related field
- 5+ years experience - ArcGIS with geodatabase development, editing, analysis, and QA/QC
- 3+ years experience - ArcSDE replication, versioning, synchronization
- 3 years Experience - Geodatabase development and analysis using GIS
- 5 years Experience - Microsoft Office
- 1 year experience - Python Scripting and Esri Model Builder
- Batch data loading and Scripting experience
- SDO geometry/Oracle Spatial & Graph experience
- PL/SQL, SQLPlus query skills
- Knowledge of Oracle RDBMS (Relational database management system)
- Ability to multi-task, detail oriented, and have strong organizational skills
- Accountable and results oriented
- Data analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment
- SDE/Geodatabase administration
- Esri Roads and Highways and Workflow Manager
- GISP or Esri Technical Certification
- Oracle database experience
- Knowledge of linear Referencing or transportation experience
- Esri Image Server implementation experience
- Database ETL or FME Experience
- Microstation Experience
- Trimble GPS, GPS Analyst, and Arc Pad experience
- Low stress work environment
- Promote from within
- Flexible start times
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".