Human Resources Manager
Posted on May 15, 2020 by Notre Dame College
The Human Resources Manager is a one-person office and must take a hands-on, detail-oriented approach while still thinking and acting in a long-term, strategic manner. This dichotomy of hands-on day-to-day effort combined with strategic contribution is unique and offers a rare and fulfilling opportunity to make an important impact.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Counsels, advises and directs managers and executives in matters of employee discipline, policy and practices
- Coaches managers and supervisors about difficult employee situations. Works to address relationship issues and recommends steps for resolving interpersonal relationship issues
Recruiting and Onboarding:
- Ensures that processes and policies meet state and federal compliance standards and regulations
- Orients and onboards new hires.
- Manages the job posting process and seek out the best sites and resources for generating quality candidates
Policy and Procedure:
- Creates and/or updates job descriptions for faculty and staff positions
- Ensures college is following wage and hour laws
- Processes personnel action forms to document employee status changes
- Maintains employee handbook and ensures it is kept up to date
- Ensures that insurance enrollments, COBRA notices for new elections and COBRA notices for terminations are completed accurately and timely
- Assists with healthcare claims issues when necessary, responds to benefits questions, manage open enrollment
- Processes claims for insurance, Workers Compensation and Unemployment Compensation as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration or related field
- Five or more years of proven technical human resources experience
- Experience working in a one-person HR office is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
Enjoy a 35-hour work week (8:30am-4:30pm), 14+ paid holidays, generous vacation policy and comprehensive medical benefits. Free parking and a pleasant work environment make this an excellent opportunity!
To be considered for this opportunity please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to our email address listed below. Please do not apply through the CareerBoard website.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.