Commercial Lawyer Part Time
Posted on May 15, 2020 by Igloo3
Commercial Lawyer - renewable energy, Part Time c.20-25 hours pw, salary to 70,000 pro-rata, flexible home based working.
This is a great opportunity for a qualified lawyer looking for a work life balance and interesting work with an international solar energy asset management firm.
We're looking for a qualified lawyer with around 3-5 years' PQE with extensive contract experience and international exposure. Experience within the renewable energy sector would be very useful.
You'll need to attend fairly regular sessions at the London office, but the majority of the work can be delivered from your home office - hours will be flexible too (but circa 20-25 per week expectation).
Contracting: drafting legal agreements, including but not limited to Framework Agreements, Management Services Agreements, contract Variations, etc. in a range of international jurisdictions, including but not limited to Italy, US, Mexico, India and Spain. When required, identify and seek legal advice from local providers to ensure Agreements are tailored appropriately for respective jurisdictions.
Providing advice and legal opinion to recommend resolutions to contractual disputes and/or legal areas of uncertainty.
Reviewing client legal agreements and recommending improvements and/or changes, if not reasonable.
Reviewing existing agreements and in conjunction with stakeholders, e.g. departmental heads / head of business development, etc recommending, drafting and executing improvements.
Supporting negotiations with new Client legal agreements, when required.
* Qualified lawyer with 3-5 years' post qualification experience and have the legal right to work in the UK.
* Experience in renewable energy and/or asset management is highly desirable
* You must have significant experience of international contracting, for example:
* Drafting new agreements (Framework Agreements, Management Services Agreements, Variations, etc)
* Resolving operational contractual matters
* US, Mexican, Indian and Spanish legal experience would be beneficial
* Spanish language skills are highly desirable but not essential
* Ability to identify and work with local legal providers, when necessary
The FTE salary is up to 70,000 so part time will be pro-rata this amount.
The position includes a generous holiday allowance, private medical insurance (after a qualifying period).
The role is available part-time (20-25 hours a week, approximately) on an initial 12 months fixed term contract with a good chance of a longer-term position.
Interviews will be conducted by phone and/ or video (Microsoft Teams).