Senior Java Software Engineer
Posted on May 14, 2020 by Opus Resourcing Ltd
Senior Java Software Engineer required with strong Java coding and (Scala would be ideal) and a passion for software engineering practises/Agile/lean software practices embracing TDD, DevOps, CI are required to work on cutting edge high performance systems and work in fast paced Agile delivery team for tech giant in Dublin.
As a Senior Java Developer key skills required include some of
- Extensive Java/JVM programming and ideally Scala (development work will be in both Java and Scala)
- Some of transactional systems, distributed systems, high volume systems, multi-threading, Low Latency, Event-driven systems, messaging-based systems, performant systems etc
- Message-brokers/messaging systems/streaming (experience in RabbitMQ, Kafka, IBM or AKKA an advantage)
- Dependency Injection (experience in Spring and Spring integration an advantage)
- Cloud Computing - AWS etc
- SQL and NoSQL database (experience in Cassandra an advantage)
- Test-driven development techniques (eg TDD, BDD and ATDD)
- Automated testing and mocking techniques
- Clean coding
- Agile and Lean approaches this team does development, test, DevOps, CI, support etc
- Team Mentoring and coaching experience
Desirable skills as a Senior Software Engineer would include
- Strong Maths skills, algorithms, quant, maths modelling, derivatives, trading etc
- Trading systems or high volume systems, or low latency, maths modelling
- DevOps Docker, Chef etc
This key role will be an excellent chance to flex your Java/Scala skills working on cutting edge and highly performant systems and deliver world class software with a strong emphasis on Agile and class leading software delivery for a tech giant.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Ireland or EU Nationals who would like to relocate to Dublin.
The company offer flexible working including home working and a great benefits package.