Senior Datacentre Specialist
Posted on May 13, 2020 by J & C Associates Ltd
This is a genuinely fantastic opportunity to work for one of the most prestigious EU Institutions in Strasbourg , France.
We are on the lookout for an exceptional Senior Datacentre Specialist with at least 9 years of experience, plus a Bachelor's degree
.Note* Working from home will be likely be required initially. However, You would be expected to work full time on-site after the travel restrictions are lifted.
- Assist in the design, architecture, implementation, security and support of datacentre environments and solutions
- Assist with development of future state Datacentre systems and designs
- Perform capacity planning (power, cooling, rack spacing)
- Assist in the implementation of industry best practices for datacentre engagements
- Act as an expert for datacentre projects
- Execute industry best practices in datacentre deployments, integration, testing, and packaging of infrastructure documentation and application solutions
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on service offerings and products provided by IT
- Minimum 4 years of relevant education (master or equivalent) after the secondary school Minimum experience requirements:
- Minimum 9 years of relevant professional experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in building and supporting mission critical infrastructure for critical applications, running in a highly distributed manner
- Experience working extensively with different Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) such as Cisco, Brocade, Checkpoint, IBM, EMC, HP, Bull, NetApp, and Dell in implementing Solutions for Networks, Security, Storage, Backup and Compute Infrastructure
- Comprehensive knowledge and hands-on-experience related to Data Centres.
- In depth knowledge of technologies related to racks, business continuity/disaster recovery
- In depth knowledge of capacity planning (power, cooling, rack spacing) practices
- In depth knowledge of patching and cabling installations.
- Familiar with infrastructure implementation/management, service/operations management, etc.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux/Windows virtualisation and "Infrastructure As A Service" architecture
- Experience facilitating meetings with multiple customers and technical staff, including building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary
- Experience in project and task planning
- Familiarity with various requirements gathering techniques
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English is required