Solution Architect Infrastructure/3-5 years of experience
Posted on May 13, 2020 by Levy Associates Ltd
Solution Architect Infrastructure
Are you the linking pin between DevOps teams and infra-provider and make impact on our future IT-Landscape?
What you'll do
As a Solution Architect you support the DevOps teams of the different Business Units with knowledge and experience in the field of IT Architecture, Solution Design, Risk and Security, Infra Services and (Public) Cloud Solutions.
Your main focus is infra related. On one hand you talk with DevOps teams to help them create their infra-designs, implement these designs and gather their new infra requirements. On the other hand you are in contact with the infra provider and risk departments to see what they deliver and what regulations to follow. Out of this you create Blueprints, Solution Designs and Policies, compliant to the rules and standards our organization.
You will operate in a small team that delivers solutions for the business for migrating their existing applications on "dedicated" hardware to a private or public cloud; Doing risk-assessments and find solutions to mitigate the risks. Writing clear policies, blueprints and engineering journeys so DevOps teams know what to do.
In addition, you follow up the market and inform the teams about future infra initiatives.
How to succeed
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent through experience, preferably in an IT direction;
- 3-5 years of experience within IT infrastructure, with knowledge in the fields of IT architecture and Infrastructure, Network infrastructure, Cloud Computing as well as Security and Risk
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (and preferable Dutch) in combination with a constructive and solution-oriented mindset;
- You can speak the language of all the levels of employees, from engineers to (senior) management
- Ability to work independently and autonomously, but still being part of a self-learning team;
- Be able to act in a strong coaching and advisory manner by asking and challenging the right questions, Looking at a bigger picture and therefore sometimes going against individual interests
- To be able to analyse various issues and to take a leading role in their elaboration within a large group of involved stakeholders;
- You are stress resistant, assertive and determined to turn resistance into solutions and support