Direct Care Assistant SIGN ON BONUS!
Posted on May 13, 2020 by Heinzerling Foundation
Over the past 60 years, the Heinzerling Community has cared for hundreds of individuals with severe and profound developmental disabilities, creating a Legacy of caring. Our mission is to provide a loving and nurturing environment that enriches the development, education and quality of life for these individuals. We are looking for people that share and believe in our mission and would like to join our team.
Direct Care Assistant $500.00 SIGN ON BONUS!*
We Offer Competitive Salary and A Great Place To Work!
- High-school diploma or GED required
- Previous experience in direct care, nursing, and/or with individuals with disabilities is preferred, but not necessary.
- Must demonstrate an attitude of respect toward residents
- Must work well within a team environment
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to work two weekends with one weekend off
Qualified job candidates are required to take and pass a drug test and a criminal background check.
- Provide direct care to assigned male and female residents
- Maintain personal hygiene of residents, including bathing, grooming, changing diapers, dressing, feeding, and positioning
- Participate in the development and implementation of residents' individual programs
- Properly use and care for residents' personal equipment
- Assist with or perform care procedures or routines as requested
- Participate in on-going staff development activities
- Works with team members to evaluate residents' abilities, progress and potential
- Participate in resident activities, including field trips
- $2.00/hr. differential for 2nd shift; $1.00/hr. differential for 3rd shift
- $2.00/hr. differential for weekends
Employee Referral Bonus; 6 paid holidays; vacation, sick, & personal time; tuition reimbursement; health, dental, vision, & life insurance; 403B Retirement Plan with 50% matching contribution; Employee Assistance Program
Full Time and Part Time
7A-3:30P, 3P-11:30P 11P-7:30A
Heinzerling Community is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.