Security Engineer - NATO
Posted on May 13, 2020 by LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
My defence client are currently recruiting for a Security Engineer to join their team on a NATO project in Mons, Belgium.
* Provide Remediation and Mitigation Support to NATO Missions following Security Assessments or Cyber Incidents
* Provides security expert assistance and support in the analysis of security incident and their resolution
* Production and management of Security Hardening, Configuration and Installation guidelines, mostly - but not limited to - in the following areas: Windows-based client and server applications; Linux-based client and server applications; Virtualization technologies, with a specific focus on VMware;
* Formulates and tests the settings and produces installation and configuration guidelines used by NATO sites and numerous NATO missions.
* Maintain up to date the cyber repository related to security guides.
Skills and Experience
* Excellent writing skills and reporting experience in English language.
* Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of computer and communications security, networking, and the vulnerabilities of modern operating systems and applications
* Experience in the analysis, implementation and integration of Information Assurance protective measures
* Experience in Vulnerability Assessment (VA), or demonstrated ability to build a remediation and mitigation plan based on VA reports;
* Experience in modern CIS deployment, specifically in the following technical areas: Enterprise system administration experience and expert knowledge of Windows Active Directory concepts and architecture, with emphasis on security endpoint systems;
* Experience and expert knowledge related to security mechanisms and administration of UNIX/Linux operating systems;
* Experience and expert knowledge related to security mechanisms and administration of Virtualization Systems, preferably on VMware technology
* Ability to work independently and in teams to achieve the desired goals, including the ability to monitor and support a team of industry.
* Good understanding of the constraints related to IT systems on NATO networks is desirable.
* Experience with implementation projects within NATO and/or National military organisations is desirable.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.