Posted on May 13, 2020 by Frontage Laboratories
The Maintenance/BAS Technician will perform activities and tasks necessary to ensure the proper operation of mechanical systems as well as perform general building maintenance and repairs. Their main duties include repairing and maintaining Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems as well as managing our Building Automation System, (BAS).
In order to be successful, the Maintenance/BAS Technician must conduct extensive self-study (reading, research and practice) to understand and maintain technical proficiency in company's mechanical and BAS systems.
The work environment changes frequently depending on the status of the building systems being overseen. Maintenance/BAS Technician must be able to independently and accurately diagnose problems, then provide plausible solutions to get systems functioning.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Interface with co-workers to coordinate activities as required in a professional manner.
- Communicate with department manager daily regarding the status of projects and any issues that develop.
- Completes paperwork including timesheets, work orders, SOP documentation, and all related material required for the job.
Job Performance Skills
- Be a self-starter taking the initiative to improve the operation, efficiency and maintain up-time mechanical systems.
- Take the initiative to thoroughly learn the BAS becoming the subject matter expert for this software.
- Read and understand engineering drawings and various equipment/training manuals to enable proper understanding and operation of equipment and systems.
Service and Maintenance Skills
- Perform preventative maintenance and diagnostics on various building systems and associated components according to manufactures instructions and company work orders.
- Maintain and manage daily the BAS alarm log per SOP's.
- Perform moves, adds and changes within the BAS as necessary.
- Perform various building maintenance tasks and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- A solid understanding and experience maintaining HVAC mechanical systems.
- A basic knowledge the functionality of Building Automation Systems (ideally Siemens Desigo).
- Hands-on experience with general building maintenance.
- Be very proficient in Microsoft Office: Specifically, Word and Excel.
- Well-developed troubleshooting skills
- Strong organizational skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Team player who is cooperative, cordial, empathetic and supportive to meet internal and external expectations and requirements of the company.
- Assertive and decisive when handling delicate and problematic situations with co-workers.
- The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb stairs and ladders.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires working outdoors, in mechanical/equipment rooms and possible extreme weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment.
We offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefit plan.