Financial Applications Engineer II
Posted on May 12, 2020 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious law firm is on the search for a Financial Application Engineer II. This role will be responsible for the support of financial applications that run on top of Windows and be able to do server support. This person must have experience with PowerShell Scripting and have some experience with financial applications such as Elite 3E, Carpe Diem, ARCS, e-Plus Purchasing, and Chrome River products. The firm will help train you to use their applications.
- Provide Level 3 operational or systematic support and maintenance for the Company's financial departmental applications; in some specific cases, Level 2 support may be required. Investigates operational or systematic problems and provides resolution using routine analytical skills and tools as necessary.
- Coordinate and implement new components and upgrades to departmental applications. This includes coordination, integration and support of business applications and data. The position will be instrumental in systems upgrades and conversions and actively manage the relationship with various non-IT business departments.
- Adhere to the Company's Security and Governance requirements across all administered applications.
- Collaborate with professionals at all levels of the organization.
- Utilize SQL query tools to perform frequent data analysis across various systems, providing clear and accurate data to business users.
- Adhere to the Company's IT Service Delivery standards and Change Control processes.
- Develop and maintain troubleshooting and configuration documentation for administered systems.
- Develop or enhance quality control reports and electronic monitoring to assure regulatory and data quality compliance.
- Collaborate with business users in designing and implementing analytics to help them interpret their data in order to make better business decisions.
- Write functional and technical specifications including application design changes and integrations for development.
- Gather information, design, develop, test and implement high-quality, user-friendly solutions to meet the Company's goals and strategic objectives.
- Provide 24x7 operational support. On-call support responsibilities are rotated among the members of the Finance Applications team.
Qualifications & Requirements
- The Applications Engineer II must have a BA/BS in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience with 5+ years' experience of application support/configuration.
- Experience with SQL Query is required.
- Experience with financial applications such as Elite 3E, Carpe Diem, ARCS, e-Plus Purchasing, and Chrome River products is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Powershell Scripting
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Internet Information Services
- Windows Server and Desktop operating system environments