Delivery Data Scientist - Switzerland - 100 hours contract
Posted on May 12, 2020 by Experis AG
Data scientist - Azure Machine Learning
Experis is currently supporting our client, a technology company with a global reach and strong brand and values, for their search for a data scientist with a background in Azure Machine Learning to support their operations for a limited contract (100 hours total). I'm looking for a dynamic individual with several years of prior experience who is able to start work immediately.
What is it you'll have to do?
You will be using Machine Learning's Azure services to validate, through an exploratory approach on existing data, the feasibility and relevance of previously identified business models.
- Explore data collected prior by customer
- Set up the first Machine Learning models based on available data
- Identify additional data that would need to be collected to strengthen the models
- Identify possible optimizations of Machine Learning models
- Define the first outlines of the future analytical solution
- Propose functional and technical recommendations to optimize the future solutions
- Measures returns on investment to validate business models
You are expected to be capable of doing the following things:
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art method
- Extending company's data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
What about your background?
- Several years of experience with data visualization tools, including PowerBI
- Ability to use query languages including SQL, Pig, Hive
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, CosmosDB)
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Data-oriented personality
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Scala, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
Your specific background:
- You hold either a Swiss or an EU passport
- Fluent English, French/German language skills are good add-ons but not core requirements
- Strong communicator and you excel working autonomously as well as in a team environment
If you are immediately available for this exciting project in the region around Lausanne, Switzerland, please get in touch directly with Eric Schuster or send him your CV and testimonials today through the link in the advert. We can only consider Swiss/EU nationals for this engagement.
Experis is Europe's leading IT&T recruitment agency. .