Service Manager (CI/CD, DevOps) - Geneva, Switzerland (Remote until en
Posted on May 12, 2020 by Contracts IT Ltd
Service Manager (CI/CD, DevOps) - Geneva, Switzerland (Remote until end of lockdown)
Languages: ENGLISH only.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 10 years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience in running IT services and managing multi-project full CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience working with containers (ie Docker), database systems (egMySQL, Elasticsearch) and monitoring systems.
- Knowledge of configuration management tools and troubleshooting complex CI/CD issues.
- Ability to promote knowledge sharing and DevOps culture across organisations.
- Knowledge of Bamboo, Nexus, SVN, GIT, BitBucket, Fisheye, Crucible, SonarQube, Maven and npm.
- Knowledge of Linux Server administration and application Servers (Apache, WildFly, Tomcat, NodeJS).
Description of Work:
- Manage the CI/CD pipeline service by providing technical support and guidance to the teams that use the pipeline (eg build issues, plan updates, pipeline configuration).
- Liaise with business lines to fully onboard projects onto the CI/CD pipeline.
- Liaise with the IT Ops team to manage the CI/CD infrastructure and improve/extend the current CI/CD pipeline (eg Nexus artifact repository, Bamboo build server, SonarQube code quality tool, code repositories, etc.).
- Liaise with the information security team to fully align with any required security procedures and integrated any needed security tools.
- Troubleshoot any CI/CD issues.
- Promote knowledge sharing and a DevOps culture across organisations.
- Implement proof of concepts and perform technical research with the goal to improve the existing pipeline and help the development teams better perform their job.
- Manage quality checking procedures.
- Produce an in-depth evaluation report of the current CI/CD pipeline review.
- Work with the Dev teams to populate the repository and maintain the system on an ongoing basis, addressing any issues and perform problem solving activities on any pipeline-related issues that the development teams cannot solve.
- Provide feedback and guidance to the appropriate forums to improve the software development and deployment process.
- Maintain an up-to-date pipeline documentation, including details about each on-boarded project, as well as produce technical reports on the various pipeline extension activities.
Please send your CV to Janisha.
We are an equal opportunities employment agency and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We champion difference in the world of technology recruitment and work with clients who actively wish to diversify their talent force - ALL applicants welcome to apply