IT Business Systems Analyst
Posted on May 12, 2020 by Precision System Design, Inc.
Our well-known client in a suburb west of Austin, TX, is in need of a motivated Business Systems Analyst to join their team on a contract to hire. This is a diverse, collaborative, and supportive work environment; they are looking for a technically-inclined Business Analyst with hands-on Agile/Scrum experience working with critical business applications in production support environments! Interested in learning more? Apply today!
- Become expert on multiple Legacy applications maintained by the team (understand business processes, application behavior, business operation priorities and criticality)
- Along with team, run daily stand-ups, manage & prioritize work within a Scrumban development environment
- Drive delivery of projects within assigned deadlines working with Developers, Testers, and technical partner teams
- Prioritize production issues for triage/trouble-shooting by self and/or team
- Plan, execute and manage testing (Functional, Regression, Integration, UAT) efforts across multiple projects with different actors.
- Interact with multiple in-house business partners and technical teams to interview and gather requirements for new enhancements
- Define functional requirements for small to medium projects. Assess business/operational scenarios, review upstream/downstream flows, impacts, possible problem situations & risks.
- Prepare communications for multiple audiences for system enhancements and/or alternatives.
- Work independently to interview SMEs and Business Partners and internal technical teams.
- Evaluate evolving business requirements and recommend appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current enterprise systems
- Familiarity & hands-on experience in Agile development environment
- Business Requirements and User Story gathering
- Technical/Business writing: Communicate technical information to non-technical audience & vice versa.
- Able to create and publish timelines to track milestones
- Experience in Quality Control, such as:
- Test planning for a deployment; collecting scenarios
- Test case creation & Test data creation
- Testing execution - Paying attention to before & after data scenarios, able to manipulate & move files for data testing, documenting test results, sharing regular testing status updates with team
- Able to interact with business partners and manage competing business priorities.
- UML/Visio diagraming skills for rendering use case scenarios/understanding designs etc.
- Knowledge of quality assurance checkpoints and process
- Appreciation & understanding of the technical components of applications such as database, tables, web services, Linux/UNIX, FTP/SFTP (Finding & manipulating text files, etc. for testing & support)
We will call qualified candidates after review.
Resumes will NOT be sent to clients without your approval.
REFERRALS WANTED - $1000 REWARD!
Refer a colleague to us, and Precision will give you $1000 if we find a job for that person!
(The fine print: The referred candidate must be previously unknown to us. Start date must be within 6 months of referral.)
THERE ARE MANY IT STAFFING FIRMS YOU CAN WORK WITH.
WHY WORK WITH PRECISION?
Our Clients. We work with the best.
- We are direct vendors to Fortune 500 companies across North America
- We're the top provider of contract IT professionals to many of our clients
Our Experience. We know how to sell our candidates to clients.
- We've been in business for over 20 years, and have made thousands of successful placements
Our Background. Precision is run by former IT professionals.
- We know what it is like to be an IT consultant working in a large organization.
- We actually understand your skills. We'll make sure that you are right for the job, and that the job is right for you.
Our Reputation for Quality. Clients favor Precision's candidates.
- We take the time to learn about you so that we can best match you to our openings and sell you to our clients.
- Our clients know from experience that Precision's consultants are the most qualified and the best fit for their project teams.
Our Ethics. We pride ourselves on our ethical business practices.
- We never submit your resume without your permission, and we never give your resume to other staffing companies
- We are up front about pay rates and the interviewing process, and provide you with constant feedback.
Our Responsibility. We take seriously our obligations to our consultants.
- We always pay on time
- We offer highly competitive pay rates, as well as an opportunity to participate in our group health insurance, long term disability and 401(k) plans.
- When required, we carefully manage H1-B and Green Card applications, and involve you at every step.
- We have dedicated HR personnel that will answer the phone when you call.
THE STAFFING FIRM YOU WORK WITH MATTERS.
WORK WITH PRECISION.
Overtime - straight time
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.