Service Desk Analyst
Posted on May 11, 2020 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
* Provides level one and two customer and technical support, including how-to questions, to customers through inbound phone and email requests.
* Independently identifies, troubleshoots, documents, and replicates simple to complex customer problems and then resolves or escalate complex problems according to escalation procedures and knowledge management process requirements.
* Applies existing technical skills and begins to develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position.
* Retains ownership of the customer relationship on all cases throughout the resolution process which may require follow-up with customers and involvement with other IT groups.
* Reports enhancement requests and defects received from customers regarding hardware, application or documentation and communicate to appropriate IT personnel. May generate problem management cases vs incident vs change as appropriate.
* Actively owns participation in the knowledge creation and maintenance process.
* Carries out level one and two tasks such as password changes, user account creations, deletions, archiving, assisting users with addition and removal of printers on a PC, assisting users with commercial software and mission-critical system issues including SAP
* Participates in the continuous improvement of Service Desk processes, communications and relationships with both customers and the rest of IT.
* Performs other job duties as assigned.
1-2 years of experience preferred. An associate's degree or comparable industry/trade education is required.