Posted on May 11, 2020 by Real Staffing Group
This client is a virtual site based in Dublin city, and manufacture a produce which treats extremely rare diseases.
The QA specialist duties for this role will include;
- Apply departmental procedures to assess product complaints' impact on patient safety and product quality compliance.
- Assess product complaints and determine if escalation is required due to potential regulatory notification requirements.
- Interface and collaborate with various departments including the OpUs, External Supply, Quality Assurance, Regulatory, Development, Safety/Pharmacovigilance, etc and the regional organisation. Interface with external stakeholders such as CMO, Call Centres and vendors/contractors on product complaint issues.
- Assure that all product complaints are investigated to the appropriate level within the required time line.
- Send customer response letters where required.
- Support the departmental complaint management process through attendance of meetings to ensure on time closure of complaints.
If this sounds like the role for you, please respond to this advert, and we can discuss in more detail.
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | London, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales