Embedded Software Validation Engineer
Posted on May 8, 2020 by Source Technology
Senior Embedded Validation Engineer/$200,000 OTE/Jenkins, HIL, Python
The Space Travel revolution is underway. Are you ready to be part of it?
Already worth approximately $400 billion today, the Space Travel industry is expected to rise to $800 billion by 2030. There has never been a better time for an ambitious engineer to work in this exciting and rapidly expanding market.
The job is for a financially secure and fast-growing San Francisco based start-up. They are developing Space Satellites & Payload systems that already leads the way within this field.
What is the role? This company is looking for a Senior Embedded Validation Engineer to help them set up there overall Embedded Test Infrastructure, defining test cases from scratch and creating/executing test scripts.
You will learn a lot about Aerospace/Space and the whole emerging market around it.
You will be part of a small but rapidly expansive team with opportunities to work on cutting edge technology.
REQUIRED SKILLSET - Senior Embedded Validation Engineer
- Embedded test infrastructure setup:
- Jenkins (or similar) setup, both Servers and host side;
- Building HIL for simulating system; actually, setting up the hardware (not inheriting it)
- Software, tools and framework for automation and process for developers to interact with the above setup;
- Test Case Definition: Critically understanding the expectations and creatively identifying edge cases based on the full system. In effect, trying to break the system in ways that will translate to test scripts later. This is done both independently and with developers;
- Test Scripting and Execution: Most standard part of role -> given both the expected scenario and edge cases, write the scripts and execute, ideally in Python.
Learning and developing with new technologies and innovate will be offered to you too.
BENEFICIAL SKILLS - Senior Embedded Validation Engineer
These are the technologies you will get the opportunity to learn too.
- Working on Safety Critical Driven Products: Aerospace/Automotive/Medical Devices etc
- Django Framework
- Agile methodology experience
- GraphXL paradigm
- C++ Programming knowledge and experience
- Kubernetes/Rancher/OpenShift etc
- Geospatial Concepts: Raster/Vector Data
- Opensource Projects experience
THE BENEFITS - Principal Software Test Engineer
- Up to $140,000 - $180,000 Base (Negotiable depending on experience)
- Strong Equity opportunity
- Great Holidays & PTO
- Flexible Working Hours
APPLY NOW. If you are interested in this role, please connect to Luke Campbell (Source Group Technology) and get in touch.
P.S. Up to date CVs are helpful but not essential when you first apply.