Lead Cyber Security Cloud Operations Engineer/Remote
Posted on May 8, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*This role can be remote, located anywhere in the continental US*
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Lead Cyber Security Operations Engineer with Cloud Security experience. Candidate will be responsible for the planning, deployment and operations of enterprise information security solutions (such as cloud security, authentication and authorization, public key infrastructure, data loss prevention, network and endpoint security) to address the current and emerging security needs of the business. This role requires in depth knowledge of infrastructure and cloud technologies. The person will develop cutting edge cyber security automation capabilities for our upcoming cloud deployments. This person will also progress our analytics instrumentation and implementation.
Candidate should have a breadth of technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Cloud Security, Cloud Automation, Data Analytics, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service.
- Design, build, and operate cyber security controls for the enterprise.
- Act as the subject matter expert for one of more of the following areas - cloud security, cloud automation (AWS and Azure) and data analytics (Splunk)
- Apply ITIL or other technology management best practices to an enterprise cyber security platform.
- Engages with security specialists, enterprise architects and other functional area architects to ensure adequate enterprise security solutions are in place to sufficiently mitigate identified risks, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Serve as a cybersecurity subject matter expert, assessing the business impact of cybersecurity risks to the enterprise and identifying options and recommendations for mitigating those risks.
- Serve as an expert in platform, application, storage, network, virtualization, cloud and mobile security best practices.
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, internal and external customers and partners.
- Communicate cybersecurity risks and solutions to various technical and non-technical audiences and levels of management.
- Maintain communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
- Develop strong working relationships with and offer continuous assistance and thought leadership to other leaders in the information technology organization.
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers and business partners in the information security industry. As needed, draft and negotiate professional services contracts, statements of work, and technology acquisition & support agreements.
- Continuously track and report the status of all development efforts through boardroom-quality visual communication deliverables.
- Educate, coach, and mentor all members of the team on technical, interpersonal, team dynamics, company policy & procedure, enterprise business model and other topics.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of company business.
- Comply with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
- A strong, complete, and working understanding of architecture-level information security and appropriate use enforcement technology solutions. Specifically looking for cloud security experts, cloud deployments and automation, and data analytics solutions.
- A strong working understanding of contemporary security theory and application (including vulnerabilities, exploitation techniques and attack vectors).
- Strong understanding of systems development life cycle to lead multifunctional projects or initiatives.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and standards relevant to the US Healthcare industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including technical writing, documentation development, process mapping, and visualization). Must be able to effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Externally recognized information security industry thought leadership and innovation accomplishments desired but not required.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or equivalent work experience).
- A widely-recognized cyber security technical certification such as GIAC or CISSP is a plus. Certifications in IT areas is strongly recommended.
- Minimum 8 years of combined hands-on IT and security architecture development and implementation work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments. Requires expert knowledge of security principles, issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in information security solution engineering or security service delivery.
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience with planning and managing security implementations and/or leading a team of technical resources. This role will require the management of several (2 to 4) concurrent large-scale enterprise wide information technology capability development projects.
- Minimum of two years of systems or application monitoring and logging experience. Experience with SPLUNK is highly recommended.