UX Expert in Medical App Development
Posted on May 7, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client in Basel we are looking for a UX Expert for a 12 months contract.
Job Title: UX Expert in Medical App Development
Digital technologies and data science have incredible potential to unlock the next chapter of medical innovation. We are in the midst of a digital transformation in healthcare, which for the pharmaceutical industry means there is a significant opportunity to go beyond the traditional operating model in how we discover and develop new medicines. We have a large program in digital health which will ultimately benefit our patients and healthcare providers and their manifold needs in the future. To support and broaden the internal capabilities within the Development Team, we are seeking an experienced UX expert who is experienced in development of mobile apps and who can think out of the box to develop state of the art and bold concepts. We are convinced that creativity is an essential part of what makes the best apps triumph. Working in a cross-functional team with a high degree of collaboration with internal stakeholders and external partners will be essential. You will lead from early phase development activities for a user centred design process to tailor medical apps to the patients' needs.
Therefore a strong background in UX design, Usability Engineering and a sense for human factors are essential for this role.
In this challenging role your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Lead as UX expert the developments of user-friendly mobile or web applications classified as SaMD
* Develop design concepts
* Prepare wireframes and user flows and generate first UX mockups (click-prototypes)
* Lead the collaboration with external HFE partners
* Documentation of the UX development process
What you'll bring to the role:
* Education: Bachelor degree in Design related to Interaction/Multimedia/Communication/Computing/Industrial, Ergonomics or related discipline/Human Factors Engineering, Engineering or Psychology
* Language: Fluency in English language incl. technical writing
* Minimum 3 years of experience as UX specialist in app development
* Open-minded and collaborative mind set to work in interdisciplinary teams where communication and confidence is key for success
* Experience and passion in UX/interaction design for mobile or web applications
* Experience and passion in user centred design process, human computer/machine interface, and data collection/analysis methodologies
* Experience in design of usability tests to address the patients' needs defined in requirements including the corresponding formal documentation
* Thorough knowledge of relevant human factors regulations, standards and guidelines for medical devices and pharmaceutical packaging
* Understanding the principles of Medical Device and healthcare regulations
* Experience in medical device industry with focus on development of SaMDs or experience in other regulated industry
* Experience in working with suppliers and contractors.
* German language
(Due to the current situation we can consider only Swiss-based candidates)
For more information please contact Barbara Tenerowicz:
E: (see below)