Posted on May 7, 2020 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Permanent Position, Full Time
Full Java Stack Developer
Location: Lower Abbey Street, Dublin 1
Our financial client have a vacancy for a Software Engineer to work as part of the Software Development Team.
We are looking for a talented individual who can quickly become productive within our complex technical environment. The candidate must have experience of working in an Agile Continuous Integration environment. The applicant must have Java full stack development experience and be focused on quality of implementation.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in software development, specifically developing Java web services and Spring components, with a track record of high quality delivery, combined with a keen appetite for all aspects of software engineering.
Purpose of the Role
The role covers all stages of the software development life cycle from strategy, application design & development to system amendment, maintenance and support. Development tasks will have a mixture of business and technical deliverables.
Assignments are of a moderate to high complexity, are focused on multiple features, functions, applications and technologies where the impacts and risks associated with these developments are high.
It contributes to the Software Development practice, and to the I.S. Enterprise (eg, training, process, practices). It is accountable for the software deliverables of the overall solution.
All development will require a high degree of co-operation with other team areas within the I.S. function. In particular the individual will work closely with other senior practitioners including Systems, Technology, and Data Architects; System and Business Analysts; and Programme and Project Managers. The Senior Software Engineer must ensure that all software developed meets I.S standards and is compliant with company and other regulatory bodies.
The role is based in Dublin, Ireland, with occasional travel to our companies in Germany.
- Design and ensure proposed solutions align with technology domains, compliance, functional and non-functional requirements;
- Contribute to project planning to define development activities and estimates of effort;
- Work independently and as part of a software development team for specific projects as required;
- Develop/modify/configure/integrate solution to meet design;
- Develop, run and verify test cases (eg unit, stress, volume, benchmarking, Black Box routines);
- Develop/manage solution components (eg version control, code, automated build, deploy, unit test scripts, scheduling, configuration, documentation etc.);
- Manage defects (eg diagnosis of defects during testing phases, prioritization and scoping of defect resolution and enhancements, vendor engagement);
- Provide consultation and support for testing phases;
- Complete deliverables within methodologies and change management processes (eg documentation);
- Participate/coordinate/create/execute implementation plan;
- Support Solutions post implementation - Investigation, analysis, tracking, resolution;
- Contribute to system health/vitality activities;
- Identify/recommend/implement enhancements, standards, methods, tools, processes and practices for SDEs;
- Assess the impacts of scope changes to SD activities, Identify and assess risks; v Contribute to the identification of hardware requirements, software, and tools; v Support peer development (eg mentorship, coaching, training).
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies
- 4+ years Java programming experience;
- Proficient in Java Full Stack Technologies. Track record of delivering high quality, moderate to complex technical solutions;
- Knowledge and experience of Spring, Spring Boot and Java EE;
- Experience with applications Servers and in particular IBM WebSphere;
- Unit and Integration testing (Junit and Mocking);
- Web services (SOAP and REST);
- Hibernate, SQL;
- Maven or similar;
- Experience in performing requirements analysis, and producing solutions design;
- Experience in planning and executing the actions necessary to develop, test, configure, integrate, install, implement, and/or support a solution to meet Business expectations;
- Experience in effectively applying I.S. and industry methods, processes, and practices while working within a governance structure;
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, Service-oriented architectures (SOA) and relational databases;
- Good knowledge of System Architectures, Software Engineering, and DevOps/Agile practices - experience of Agile Methodologies and operating in agile/scrum based teams;
- Strong competencies in Analysis & Problem Solving, Collaboration & Teamwork, Communication, Planning and Organising, and Working on own Initiative;
- Ability to multitask while maintaining a high level of attention to detail; v A solution driven, self-starter with commitment and follow through; v Fluent in English - written and verbal.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of insurance or financial services industry applications and functionality;
- Experience developing Broker IT/Broker portal solutions for the Insurance Industry;
- Knowledge and experience of Angular, npm, TypeScript, HTML and CSS;
- Experience using JIRA;
- Working knowledge of German language;
- 3rd level qualification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£45.2k - £63.3k Annual
£40.7k - £41.6k Annual
£350 - £475 Daily
£50k - £70k Annual
£65k - £66k Annual
£44.8k - £58.2k Annual
£36.1k - £49.7k Annual
£54.2k - £67.8k Annual
£40k - £60k Annual
£40k - £60k Annual