Senior ICT Designer (Riba Reporting)
Posted on May 7, 2020 by Mercator IT Solutions
My London based client are currently working on a range of exciting and technically challenging projects across the UK and globally. From project concept to commissioning & handover, our focus is on delivering creative, high quality user-centred solutions combined with technical accuracy and innovative exciting designs.
I am looking for someone that can design the structured cabling, AV systems and Security systems for Smart buildings.
The Smart Buildings Group is made up of various specialist teams, including Audio-visual, Security, Passive & Active ICT Infrastructure and Intelligent Buildings.
They are currently recruiting for a Senior ICT Designer/Consultant to join us and enhance and develop our Infrastructure team technical capabilities, to reach our goal of being the best infrastructure team in our industry.
JOB HOLDER'S PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
Design and supervise projects designated by your Group Leader. Carry out detailed design and calculations in accordance with industry and manufacturer's global standards as required. Assist and prepare specifications, reports and drawings to the design programme.
Ideally you will have hard and soft skill experience in the following areas:
- Confident client design team facing interpersonal skills.
- In depth technical experience of Structured cabling copper and optical fibre solutions, across various sectors such as - Commercial office space, finance, residential, hospitality.
- Working technical knowledge of Active fixed & wireless (core and access layer) network design.
- Coordination within design teams - Architectural, MEP, QS and Main contractors.
- Produce detailed RIBA report specifications from concept through to construction tendering, commissioning, snagging including close out reports.
- Ability to create integrated passive and active ICT Smart building networks supporting MEP teams such as - BMS, Metering, EMS, Lighting systems etc.
- Industry understanding of Wireless technologies including DAS infrastructures.
- Crating early network topology interface schemes using schematic's to technically drive concept designs for integrated - ICT, AV, Security and Smart building Network infrastructures.
- Carry out telecommunication carrier utility diversion and incoming services coordination.
- Detailed spatial planning designs for technology equipment room stacking strategies - MER's, SER's, IDF's, MDF's etc.
- Excellent level of report writing skills, and ability to convey new concepts in visual forms such as flow charts and topologies.
- Asist the team director in managing and allocating junior design team member workloads.
- Asist the team director in developing junior designer skill sets.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures.
- Implement requirements for ISO9001 and ISO14001.
- Good working knowledge of 2D CAD/Bluebeam/MS Visio/PowerPoint/MS Office
Additional skills in the following areas would be an advantage:
- Knowledge of cyber security principles.
- Knowledge of IOT devices.
- Knowledge of BMS network protocols BACnet, EIB, LON Works, Modbus.
- Project Manager Training - Prince 2 or equivalent
- BICSI - Preferred but not essential
- CTPM - Preferred but not essential
- WAN LAN Network Design Courses
- Wireless LAN Design Courses
- Cable manufacturer certification courses