Python Developer- Finance Technology
Posted on May 7, 2020 by Scope AT Limited
This role will be an addition to the expanding Global Markets UI team in Dublin, Ireland.
The Global Markets UI is the strategic user interface platform for all Global Markets Applications.
- The individual will have responsibility to contribute to core elements of the framework, develop flagship applications on the framework, provide technical support to tenant applications developed on the framework, and provide 2nd level end user support in EMEA for the framework when necessary.
- Working within an Agile team, comprehending requirements and specifications, developing strategic risk management and trading tools and maintaining existing code for the FICC Tech businesses
- Primary task would be to help the bank design a strategic risk infrastructure right from design to development and testing
- This role will involve in building the code from scratch, working with Front Office to understand requirements, strong product and risk knowledge
- As the successful applicant, the candidate will be responsible for supporting modern agile software development methods including educating & mentoring less experienced OOP team members.
- Overall the work will be flexible based on client requirements
Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics or Finance preferred
- Excellent hands-on development experience on Python with additional understanding on any other OO technology
- Requires strong development skills, ability to operate in a dynamic, changing environment, ability to take direction from collocated leadership team daily, ability to produce high quality output, troubleshoot issues and communicate clearly and concisely both in written and oral fashion.
- Experience working with Large scale quantitative library(Risk, Pricing, P&L Explain) is desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Follows clean code principles
- Experience of Agile methods
By applying to this job you are sending us your CV, so we are keen for you to see our Privacy Notice, which can be found at our website. Scope AT acts as an employment agency for Permanent Recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept the Terms and Conditions, Data Protection Policy, Privacy Notice and Disclaimers which can be found on our website.