Junior Software Tester
Posted on May 7, 2020 by Lorax Compliance
Junior Software Tester
Reporting To: QA Team LeaderWho are you:
You are a recent graduate, apprentice, or someone with a few years' experience within a software development team. You are looking to develop your ability and knowledge to the next level. You have a passion for testing software and a desire to work within a team at the forefront of modern software development. You will be up to date with current software QA best practices. You should relish the chance to work with the latest cloud and serverless technologies and be ready for the challenge of learning the ins and outs of an existing application. You are excited at the prospect of working in a small, agile development team. You have an environmental conscience and want to work for a like-minded ethical company with an easy-going atmosphere.Who are we:
Lorax Compliance Ltd is an environmental technology company based in Rugby, Warwickshire. Founded in 2014, our vision is to provide the finest technology and expertise within the scope of international Stewardship and Extended Producer Responsibility for companies with an environmental conscience.
The companies we work with are obligated under the Extended Producer Responsibility regulations, which make them responsible for the waste they create; this covers the products they manufacture (electrical/electronic equipment, batteries, textiles, tyres), the packaging it is supplied in, and the supply chain it is purchased from.
The regulations we handle are worldwide; we have an international presence both in reporting scope and customers.What we offer:
Successful candidates can expect a competitive salary and profit-linked bonus. We also offer the opportunity to request flexible working hours and remote or home-based working days as well as a benefits package which includes a cycle-to-work scheme, free fruit and cereal bars in the office, and many opportunities for professional and personal growth.Description:
The purpose of this role is to support the development of our world-class cloud-based environmental software which provides environmental submissions and solutions to our international customers. You will join our expanding development team and be involved in the QA and testing of all aspects of a world-leading software solution.
- Analysing documentation / requirements to develop test plans
- Execute all levels of testing (system, integration, and regression)
- Detect and report software defects
- Analyse data for inconsistencies
- Design and develop automation scripts, test cases and test data
- Collaborate closely with other team members and departments
- Apply quality engineering principles throughout the Agile product lifecycle
- Provide support and documentation
- Knowledge of the software development process and QA practices
- Industry curiosity and motivation to learn new skills and technologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communicator with an ability to clearly report problems and defects
- Bachelor's degree, professional qualifications or relevant experience
- Permission to work in the UK, by the start of employment
- Experience in software testing or a similar role
- Strong mathematical background
- Experience of Agile in Azure DevOps (Visual Studio Team Services, TFS)
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL
- Knowledge of cloud based and serverless architectures
If you are interested, please click the Apply Now Button!