Deskside Support Engineer
Posted on May 7, 2020 by eTeam Inc.
Geleen, Limburg, Netherlands
€110 - €110 Daily
Job Title: Deskside Support Engineer
Job Location: Geleen, NL
Job Type: Contract
- Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end user technical issues regarding basic network/desktop/laptop support, Printers, Iphone, and LAN cable drops
- Swap-Out and troubleshoot software issues; Reimaging computers/hard drives
- IMACD function including installation and decommission
- Backing up and restoring user data where requested by client. Supplier shall not be liable for the data loss. Supplier is NOT responsible for the condition of the data transferred/recovered before or after diagnostics and repair.
- Assist Service Desk/Remote Desktop Support teams for hands and feet coordination efforts
- Assist on Incident and Problem Management activities
- Taking ownership of issues through to resolution on all appropriate requests
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests (Incidents) and Service Requests by utilizing ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information
- Move equipment associated with escalated help desk Incidents and Service Requests
- Performing asset inventory activities where requested by client.
- Work with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software
- Maintain spare parts/inventory list monthly and coordinate for any disposal requisites
- Provide support, setup, test, training, logistics and maintenance of all required Workstation and peripheral equipment at the site.
- Adhere to ticket response and resolution SLA's as agreed upon.
- Understanding of DHCP, DNS, IP Addressing and sub netting & Basic understanding of fixing Wireless LAN, Ethernet desktop configuration issues
- Maintain the reliability and viability of the company's computers, computing systems, and network infrastructure.
- Track server activity, performing upgrades of software, maintaining computer hardware, addressing questions about technical problems, and improving efficiency by evaluating system and network functions.
- To assist in the installation of various computers, computing systems, networks, telecommunications, and video components.
- Ensure that server best practices are being meet.
- Contributing in preparing knowledge base article
Expected Engineer capability/Experience:
- Experience in the field or in a related area required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Strong Microsoft Operating System installation and troubleshooting skills
- Strong Break/Fix skills Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers and Handhelds
- Broad experience of IT with good understanding of Networks, Servers and Telecoms
- Strong Client service skills
- Ability to provide consistent, excellent Client support to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating
- Basic Background security check required
- Experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science related field or related work experience.
- MCSA certification preferable.
- Hands-on knowledge of Windows Server administration.
- Experience of Cisco Products and hands-on in network administration needed.
- Intermediate knowledge of directory services, Active Directory and Open Directory.