Lead SOAR Developer
Posted on May 7, 2020 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
Lead SOAR Developer
.*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
The SOAR technical/delivery leads function as coordinators and technical subject matter experts for their focus groups. The lead for the SOAR focus group is responsible for the delivery of all Security Orchestration, Automation and Response activities. A growing team of 4-6 playbook developers will rely on their lead for technical advice and guidance. You will be relied upon as the single point of contact for all SOAR related activities.
- Closely support and collaborate with other SOC teams to identify requirements, develop playbooks on the Phantom and Resilient platforms to accomplish the requirements, test playbooks, communicate/coordinate the release of playbooks with affected customers and stake-holders, then release developed automations.
- Python development, credentials management, Firewall Change Requests, etc.
- Build strong partnerships with technical dependency teams
- Light project management
- Expert-level technical hands-on work
- Mentoring other platform engineers in OS, networking, IT operations
- Tracking and driving to completion all of the SOAR development focus group's deliverables
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors and/or Master's Degree or equivalent experience in Information Security, Engineering, Computers Science, or related field
- 5+ years experience in application care: admin, patching, vendor support interactions, etc.
- Have 5+ years experience in network fundamentals mastery:
- OSI/DoD network models
- typical layer 3 and 4 protocols associated with IP
- application layer protocol knowledge
- stateful inspection Firewalls
- 5+ years experience in security operations center related disciplines: threat Intel, vulnerability management, penetration testing, incident handling (preferred), etc...
- 2+ years programming/software development: procedural and OO programming, Scripting, RESTful/SOAP API. Most of our work is with Python, so Python programming is necessary.
- 5+ years SOAR development experience. Preferred candidates will be well versed in Splunk Phantom.
- Outstanding customer service attitude and skill.
- Moderate familiarity with Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security.
- Passion for constant self-improvement and learning
- Familiar with industry standard security best practices for information security and cyber security operations
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to: