Sensor Test Development Engineer
Posted on May 6, 2020 by Randstad (Schweiz) AG
For our customer, one of the world's leading suppliers of diagnostic system solutions in Katon Zug, Switzerland, we are looking for a committed and reliable personality as Sensor Test Development Engineer.
The team "BGE Sensors & Electrodes" develops, characterizes and optimizes different electrochemical sensors for medical devices in the field of blood diagnostics (measurement of blood gases, electrolytes and metabolites) in order to measure various parameters in blood.
In order to fulfil this task, it is selected electrochemical, optical or enzymatic measuring principles in the team and develop the optimal sensor design.
To support the development team our customer offers a development engineering position.
You will work in the field of sensor testing, where you will optimize test equipment (fluidic, electrical, ...), adapt the control of these test benches, correct errors and test and evaluate the sensors in these test setups.
Our customer offers you a great insight into the complex and exciting development work of sensors, which are used in various medical devices in the market and have to be constantly improved and developed.
- You work with the experts on the further or new development of sensors for blood gas analysis
- You will support us in the development of the sensor design, help with the practical implementation of various physical/chemical evaluations, accompany the functional tests of the sensors with suitable test methods and evaluate the data obtained with our sensor experts
- You support the development work of the sensor group with your scientific background and learn to understand, characterize and optimize complex electrochemical sensors
- You will work on your own work package or project, plan and carry out your investigations independently and prepare the necessary documentation; you will use auxiliary and measuring equipment in the laboratory and analytical tools and methods to evaluate data and prepare a final report on your work
- Higher education in a technical field just finished (eg Bachelor/Master at FH/University/ETH), preferably in the fields of physics/chemistry/material science/engineering)
- Experience in testing and optimizing experimental setups (fluidics, mechanics, electronics, SW) and fun in optimizing and further developing such systems
- Quick comprehension of technical problems and finding ways to solve these problems independently
- Experience in developing physical/electrochemical sensors, implementing and testing these sensors and efficiently analysing and evaluating the collected data
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in complaint and deviation reports (8D method)
- Further training in the field of quality assurance, quality engineering, test planning, etc.
- Knowledge in FMEA and statistical process control
- Strong stakeholder and expectation management in interdisciplinary teams
- Clean room experience
- Technical flair and ideally an understanding in dealing with test systems, test software and complex hardware and software architectures
- 6 Sigma certificate
- You value independent and responsible work in a versatile product and project environment
Have we aroused your interest? Then apply today and send us your complete application documents.