Senior Applications Performance Contractor
Posted on May 6, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Senior Applications Performance Contractor. This will be a 6 month long contract or contract to hire position. This role will revolve around monitoring application performance during performance tests or production usage through the use of monitoring tools to isolate the fault domain, dive deep into application code, and identify root cause of performance issues. This person will also perform deep dive JVM analysis examining garbage collection logs, heap dumps, and thread dumps as needed.
- Work with development and support teams to actively monitor production SLA's and make recommendations to stabilize or improve performance.
- Triage production incidents with the support team to aid in problem diagnosis and root cause for service restoration.
- Work with development teams to prevent performance degradation by monitoring performance changes resulting from application changes.
- Monitoring application performance during performance tests or production usage through the use of monitoring tools to isolate the fault domain, dive deep into application code, and identify root cause of performance issues.
- Profiling application performance from end-user perspective to inventory performance concerns and suggest tuning opportunities across the application stack
- Performing deep dive JVM analysis examining garbage collection logs, heap dumps, and thread dumps as needed.
- Make recommendations to improve architecture, infrastructure, and software designs based on current and predicted system performance trends to ensure Policy Admin system meets SLA targets.
- Collaborating with developers to promote the concept of performance engineering during all phases of software development to detect and correct performance issues earlier in the life cycle
- Developing dashboards and reports to provide ongoing visibility into the performance of Policy administration system
- Bachelors degree with 6-8 years experience in systems development and business experience designing application solutions for multiple types of systems, users and/or units across an organization.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience with performance tuning, diagnostic or monitoring
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on design/development experience (eg Java, BPM, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience with performance diagnostics tools (eg Dynatrace, New Relic, CA APM etc.)
- Understanding of the Java/J2EE technology stack, web technologies, experience with Unix/Linux, JDBC, relational databases, knowledge of queue technologies such as MQ
- Hands-on experience in analysis, debugging and profiling code in a multi-tiered enterprise applications.