Information Security Awareness & Education Officer
Posted on May 6, 2020 by Barclay Simpson Recruitment
Information Security Awareness and Education Officer need for financial services firm who are growing their team. They have excellent relationships with their stakeholders, including system owners, senior management and IT teams in the UK and abroad. To help these stakeholders provide excellent support to their branches and customers, they are looking for an additional team member who is passionate about building innovative and pragmatic solutions and who would value our open collaboration with stakeholders.
- Develop and lead innovative and effective training and awareness activities for information security and privacy, to ensure effective colleague engagement and awareness.
- Represent Information Security with Business stakeholders as a trusted advisor, finding pragmatic and cost-effective security solutions that efficiently support customer needs.
- Act as a specialist owner of 1 or more of the team's security processes, systems or frameworks, maintaining specialist knowledge and continually evolving the process, system or framework with reference to the bank's global and local system & process owners, regulation & good practice.
- Provide appropriate specialist advice and interpretation of Information Security best practice and UK regulatory requirements to a range of different stakeholders as new products, processes and systems are developed
- Advise on assurance activities to assess the effective implementation and operation of systems and controls to manage the information security risks;
- Respond to queries from our branches and other colleagues on information security to ensure effective risk management of information security.
- Deputise for elements of the reporting manager's role, on an ad-hoc basis, to cover absences, periods of increased workload, etc
This role will offer the successful applicant the opportunity to broaden their appreciation of how the Bank is run and operated. She/he will develop a useful network of colleagues not only in the branches but also amongst Legal, Compliance, System Owners, IT-specialists and senior management. This network will extend to colleagues in Sweden and other home markets.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- You do not have to be an information security practitioner as long as you have a working knowledge of information security. Cooperate cultural or communications backgrounds are welcome for application.
- Practical and demonstrable experience of information security (technical and non-technical aspects), including a good understanding of privacy
- Plan, organise and prioritise tasks and projects effectively
- Pragmatic, and effectively balances risk and control requirements with commercial drivers
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Positive, collaborative and builds and maintains effective relationship with others
- Able to influence decision making to surface and mitigate issues and risks across a wide range of stakeholders
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both written and spoken English