Android & App Developer
Posted on May 6, 2020 by ITech Consult
Contract Android & App Developer
Our client provides solutions for the collection and automatic validation of Blood Pressure data in global multi - site clinical trials.
They are currently looking for an Android Developer for a 6-month contract.
* Design and build custom Android firmware or make modifications to existing one.
* Develop Android platform software for future wearable and portable medical devices.
* Design and build advanced Android applications for future medical devices.
* Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
* Working on and customizing bootloader, Android Open Source Project, drivers and HALs for a device.
* Designing, developing and testing Kernel sub-systems and device drivers.
* BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related technical field.
* Experience with Android application development and Android SDK.
* Experience of porting Android system to new custom devices.
* Experience using Git or similar version control system.
* Strong Knowledge of Android Frameworks and Native Applications.
* Experience in Kernel development for Android devices.
* Experience in Android OS bring-up on a new device.
* Experience with Android ROM/firmware or app development, understanding of Android "root", "Flash", and "recovery process.
* Understanding of Dalvik, ART, Kernel, and ROM functions.
* Experience in Kotlin, Java, C/C++, or related language.
* Highly skilled at developing and debugging Java, Android Frameworks.
* Experience with operating system internals, filesystems, databases, and network.
* Strong mobile privacy and security understanding.
* A commitment to quality programming and best practices.
* Ability to identify and manage risk.
* Ability to document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
* Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
* Min 3 years in similar role
* Working experience in regulated industry (medical, healthcare, aviation etc.).
Nice to Have(s):
* Experience with Android UI design and implementation.
* Experience in customizing new Android devices.
* Demonstrated technical leadership.
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 919279FK
Role: Contract Android & App Developer
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Feel free to contact us for further information
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.