Software Engineer (Web)
Posted on May 6, 2020 by ITech Consult
Software Engineer (Web)
Our client is a is an award-winning, market leader in the smart home IoT category that is focused on bringing together deep expertise in product design, wireless connectivity and RF engineering, cloud infrastructure and leading-edge AI capabilities to create a seamless smart home experience for their users that's easy to setup and a joy to interact with every day.
They are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented web developer to join the R&D team. The Web Developer ensures that the web UI will be created and deployed in a timely fashion and maintained to a high quality and in accordance with our client's procedures and system.
* Design, implement and maintain highly interactive Front End web applications
* Participate in the design and review of UI workflows and mockups
* Participate in continuous software development process improvement
* 5+ years' experience in Front End Web application development using MVC/MVVM frameworks.
* Computer Science or Technology Diploma with relevant industry experience
* Highly experienced with Angular, AngularJS, Bootstrap, jQuery, React, and other common libraries
* Experience in creating scalable, secure, high performance, cross-browser compatible and mobile-responsive Web Applications
* Experience with Sketch.
* Familiarity with all aspects of the software development life cycle
* Experienced with Agile/Sprint development methodology
* Knowledge and experienced with JIRA/Confluence/Jenkins
* Knowledge or experience with CICD
* Detail oriented, well organized, methodical, and excellent analytical skills
* Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Familiar with version control, specifically Git, issue tracking, continuous integration environment
* Good knowledge and experienced with NoSQL, especially AWS DynamoDB
* Good knowledge or experienced with Real Time, low level libraries such as WebRTC, WebSocket, SIP
* Knowledge or experience with testing framework such as Selenium
* Expert in troubleshooting web compatibility issues across platforms and browsers' flavors
* Must be able to attend meetings (on average about 2/week) during evening hours. This applies to all time zones.
Nice to Have(s):
* Knowledge of video protocols (RTSP/RTMP/Dash/HLS etc) a BIG plus
* Knowledge of any media player/media server such as Wowza a plus.
* Knowledge of Python a plus.
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 919319FK
Role: Software Engineer (Web)
Location: Co. Cork
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.