Web Content Writer
Posted on May 6, 2020 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking Content Strategist/Web writer
- Act as a liaison between Digital Services division content managers.
- Be an active participant in planning and conducting content migrations for websites migrated from a Legacy system to the new digital platform.
- Collaborate with identified divisions to create a content strategy and playbook the division content managers can follow.
- Conduct training for content managers using corporate Content training materials and framework.
- Determine and manage sources for content creation, both internally and externally.
- Serve as an exemplary writer, consistent with clients tone and mission.
- Should write clean, concise, well-polished content that includes factual pieces, articles, blogs, and social media updates.
- Edit and proofread content produced by teammates, including conceptualizing the projects upfront and copy-editing prior to publishing.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, content performance metrics, and customer challenges in order to build a more effective editorial calendar.
- Manage content and social media presence for corporate's website.
- Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary vendor teams to evaluate ongoing content enhancements in the face of technical constraints.
- Participate in customer requirements gathering and discovery meetings. Support the acquisition team in presenting a content strategy to stakeholders and executive leadership and gain buy-in on proposed approach.
- Be deeply familiar with corporate goals and product roadmap.
- Participate in internal projects as needed.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in customer requirements gathering and documentation. Candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to implement a project schedule, and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast moving environment.
- 5+ years of experience of content strategy and management.
- Knowledge of web-based content management systems, background with Drupal 7 and 8 preferred.
- Knowledge of industry best practices in writing for the web
- Proven experience in plain language writing.
- Proven experience participating in large projects with cross functional content, design, and development teams.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to create content models and work with design and development teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player with significant collaborative work experience.
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) project methodologies.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present content concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders, and especially to senior executives.
- A portfolio demonstrating your ability to research, write, and gauge the impact of your contribution.
- Familiarity with Social Media platforms.
- Experience in Information Sciences, Psychology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing content for non-profit or government organizations.
- Understanding of conversational content.
- Familiarity with JIRA or similar product management tools.
- Experience conducting field studies.
- Understanding of common software project management and development practices.
- Examples of current Social Media management for organizations.
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".