Security Engineer - 2-3 years experience
Posted on May 6, 2020 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Looking for a candidate with 2 plus years IT, 1 year Security. U p and comer smart go-getter who wants to learn. This is a large environment. You will experience in any of these areas: applications, network, cloud, database, platforms,winodws, unix, endpoints.
We are looking to hire a Cyber Security Engineer with an analytical mind and a detailed understanding of cyber security methodologies. Cyber Security Engineers are expected to have a meticulous attention to detail, outstanding problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
Understanding of technology infrastructures using Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy and Security Audits. Top candidates will be comfortable working with a variety of technologies, security problems and troubleshooting of the network.
Cyber Security Engineer Responsibilities:
- Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organizations data, systems and networks.
- Troubleshooting security and network problems.
- Responding to all system and/or network security breaches.
- Ensuring that the organization's data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
- Participating in the change management process.
- Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities.
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting and communication with the relevant departments in the organization.
Cyber Security Engineer Requirements:
- A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related qualification.
- 2 years of work experience with incident detection, incident response and forensics.
- Experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Office 365 Security, VSX and Endpoint Security.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends