Hitachi Storage Admin/Engineer
Posted on May 5, 2020 by Request Technology
*Permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Hitachi Storage Admin/Engineer. This role is revolved around Hitachi storage administration and the ability to install, configure, and support storage in a large Linux environment. Having Linux experience is a must for this position. This person must be an expert with knowledge on Hitachi Storage-VSP, VSP G600, AMS Series, USPV, USPVM, HUS Series.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidate should be aware to mentioned storage infrastructure hardware and software's and should be able to take required steps to fix those problems/alerts
- Monitor enterprise operations, system configurations, utilization to maintain optimum health and performance across all storage infrastructure and backup Servers.
- Perform installation, upgrades, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and optimization across all storage infrastructure and backup Servers.
- Should be aware to do storage configuration/allocation/Reclamation based on best practices
- Coordinate with third-party vendors, and technology providers to troubleshoot and perform operations activities.
- Maintain the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to support storage infrastructure and backup server operations and administration.
- Provide senior level engineering design support to provide enterprise- level data exchange solutions using physical and virtual server hosting, off-site data replication and service level storage solutions
- Expert of Hitachi Storage Systems.
- Required Skills OS - Hands-on experience on Windows, Unix, Linux
- Review effectiveness for industry standing, feature availability, and meeting requirements.
- Expert knowledge on Hitachi Storage-VSP, VSP G600, AMS Series, USPV, USPVM, HUS Series
- Hands-on experience on HCS, SNM2, HDLM, HGLM.
- Education: A Bachelor's degree in Computer or Electronic Communication or Relevant Field. Required:
- Good knowledge and understanding of SAN (Brocade/Cisco), Zoning, Fabric Manager, BNA Tool, Command line+
- Certifications on Hitachi, NetApp and lTIL V3 preferred.