Posted on May 5, 2020 by Request Technology
A fortune 500 company is on the search for a Tableau Administrator. This will be a senior infrastructure application support position and will need experience as a Tableau administrator implementing and managing application and platform monitoring tools. The tools being used are SiteScope, NimSoft, and Opnet. The client is looking for someone with 5+ years doing application administrative support with Tableau tools on prem, VMC, AWS.
Infrastructure Engineering: Application Support
- Apply broad technical knowledge, judgment and analytical skills to analyze, develop and implement solutions for process improvements, trouble-shooting, production support, production operations and configuration management.
- Capture, update and simplify production support resolution activities, production operations tools & capabilities, and configuration management sustainability & applicability.
- Build practices, automated capabilities and communication across department for enhanced application and operational controls compliance including awareness, daily practice integration, evidence collection, successful completion, complexity reduction and resource utilization.
- Enable configuration management across asset management capabilities for computing/Servers, application components, software, network devices and other technical aspects to contribute toward impact assessment capabilities, improved decision making across IT services and sustainable IT life cycle.
- Provides resolutions to an extensive range of complicated problems.
- Solutions are innovative, thorough, and practicable. Works under limited direction independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is evaluated upon completion for adequacy in satisfying objectives.
- Represents the organization as the principal customer contact on contracts and often performs project leadership role.
- Interacts with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters frequently requiring coordination across organizational lines.
- Experience implementing and managing application and platform monitoring tools (SiteScope, Nimsoft, Opnet)
Tableau Infrastructure Engineering
- Monitor the health, reliability and performance of implemented Tableau solutions, detecting issues quickly and driving quality improvement over time.
- Implement development and design patterns that enable the next generation of service infrastructure.
- Perform routine maintenance support, and troubleshoot reported issues as well as determine root causes, and implement counter measures
- Execute performance-tuning to achieve optimal performance
- Identify process improvement opportunities
- Support an eco-system of continuous delivery pipeline tooling, through integration and automation, including Artifactory.
- Review, implement and support a wide range of tools and services.
- Collaborate with business and development teams to understand and aid our customers in establishing and achieving their goals
- More than 5 years of related experience providing application administrative support for Tableau tools in on-prem, VMC and AWS environments.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 3+ years' experience as an infrastructure engineer
- Skilled with MS Office
- Advanced experience with Agile and other project techniques
- Develop and maintain documentation required to support the server infrastructure
- Comfortable following to Agile methodologies.
- Experience implementing Jira and Confluence tools