Director of Sales (Telecom)
Posted on May 5, 2020 by MCG - Midwest Consulting Group
Title: Director of Sales (Telecommunications)
Location: Herndon, VA
Years of Experience: 7+
MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE and Poly TO BE CONSIDERED
Salary: $180k base salary plus bonuses of up to $110k
DESCRIPTION - We are looking for someone who has recently sold Telecom to federal clients, and presently have an active security clearance. Our client is looking for this Director of Sales to bring in federal relationships.
- $80,000 Target Sales Incentive is paid out on team and individual performance on a monthly basis, to total $80,000 or higher at end of year. This is in addition to base salary.
- Long Term Incentive Plan is $30,000. This is paid out each March as part of the stock program.
MUST HAVE ACTIVE Security Clearance. The team is looking to hire a Director of Sales with active TS/SCI clearance who has management experience, sales leadership qualities, a proven track record in telecommunications sales, and ability to sell Network/IT Services. You will be selling telecom (network and IT telecom) to the government. The Director will manage a team of 2 - 3 salespeople and prospect core government customers within DOD and DHS.
Must haves and duties
- 7+ years sales experience (Telecom/Network/IT Services sales industry for some of this is a must)
- Active top secret security clearance
- Success building and leading a high-performance sales team
- Experience driving strategic sales growth
- Account management and contract negotiation skills
- Track record of exceeding revenue goals
- Ability to hire, manage, and motivate sales individuals
- Strong record of developing sales territories and prospecting
- Contribute to overall database of prospects, formulate sales programs
- Hire and retain sales talent, set goals, delegate work, and hold reports accountable
- Participate in account planning, identify strategic opportunities to penetrate new accounts
- Lead development of business plans, clearly define sales objectives and win strategies
- Collaborate overall tactical revenue growth plans and maintain rapport with team
- Empower direct reports to make decisions
- Bachelors Degree
- Active TS/SCI w/full scope Poly