CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Posted on May 5, 2020 by Humanics, LLC
We are seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for our client, Lake Metropolitan Housing Authority. The CFO serves as primary financial officer for the Authority which includes cash management, grant administration and all phases of the accounting cycle; this role also has oversight for Facilities Management and Information Technology.
Work involves all aspects of accounting and finance, including responsibility for: financial transactions and expenditures; internal controls, financial statement preparation, audits, budgets, reporting, and payroll; as well as developing and maintaining policies and procedures to ensure efficient operations. The CFO is responsible for monitoring HUD income streams and available reserves to determine impact on financials. This role also manages proposal/bid procedures for construction, maintenance, technical and other services; coordinates the Authority's cooperative purchasing program; and oversees construction/remodeling projects and works with architects and general contractors.
In partnership with the Chief Executive Office and the Director of Housing, the CFO provides executive-level leadership and plays a vital role in ensuring that the vision and mission of the Authority are realized. Presents financial information to the Housing Authority's Board of Commissioners; represents CEO and/or Authority at various meetings and functions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or closely related field. CPA or Master's degree preferred.
- 10 years progressively responsible experience in public or governmental accounting or private industry, including a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience, planning, and fiscal responsibility.
- Will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the required knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies of the position.
- Training in low-income/subsidized housing finance, capital fund program management, facilities management and procurement are desirable.
- Possess, or ability to acquire, knowledge of HUD regulations and understanding of landlord and tenant rights and responsibilities and ability to enforce same.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people: residents, government officials, general public, coworkers, and vendors. Operates with a high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be insurable under the agency's vehicle insurance plan.
- Strong problem resolution, decision making, leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent organizational, project management, mathematical, and recordkeeping skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to produce accurate work.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to become proficient in Authority software.
- Legally compliant, confidential and ethical conduct, while living the values of teamwork and maintaining a client-centered focus.
In addition to competitive salaries, Lake MHA offers an excellent benefits package including: medical, dental and vision coverage; PTO and paid holidays; compressed work week; life insurance and short term disability insurance; tuition reimbursement; Ohio Public Employee Retirement and deferred compensation. Please note that Lake MHA does not participate in Social Security.
Lake Metropolitan Housing Authority (Lake MHA) administers housing assistance for approximately 1,800 families throughout Lake County. This consists of three federal housing programs, the Housing Choice Voucher (formerly known as Section 8), Multi-Family, and Public Housing programs. These programs offer low and moderate income households the opportunity to rent affordable, decent, and safe housing. More importantly, Lake MHA provides these households a stable living environment in order for them to work towards economic self-sufficiency.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.