Device-based software engineer
Posted on May 5, 2020 by Global Channel Management, Inc.
Device-based software engineer needs 5 plus years of software design and development experience
Device-based software engineer requires:
- BS or higher in a STEM discipline with 10 plus years of professional coding experience.
- 5 years of experience with Windows programming with C# and .NET in an embedded device environment.
- Must have experience in structured software and systems development and integration, including experience in software design methodologies, design patterns, component-oriented software architecture to produce high-quality software applications.
- Must have some experience with common protocols such as: I2C, SPI, USB, Serial.
- Knowledge of software life cycle processes used in regulated development environments.
- Result-oriented, self-motivated and able to participate as both a team member and an individual contributor.
- Must understand hardware and embedded systems with microprocessors.
- Experience in a software development background in a structured/regulated environment such as medical device development is required.
- Experience with embedded development in a cross functional environment, including Systems and / or Electrical engineer(s).
- Experience with an automated testing framework. Strong debugging & problem-solving skills
- Prior work experience in one or more of the following subject areas would be helpful: windows driver development, automation of software framework for operations, development of software communication using RS232 to embedded devices, communication to pressure and vacuum gauges etc
- Ability to author good engineering documentation.
Device-based software engineer duties:
- Will be independently working on providing software solutions using C# for system either component level or system level.
- Self driven to understand requirements and produce the software solutions for individual tools
- Identify and evaluate software risks and risk mitigations.
- Ensure all systems are running according to necessary requirements and specifications and operate within regulations to ensure the production
of quality products..
About the Company
Global Channel Management is a technology company that specializes in various types of recruiting and staff augmentation. Our account managers and recruiters have over a decade of experience in various verticals. GCM understands the challenges companies face when it comes to the skills and experience needed to fill the void of the day to day function. Organizations need to reduce training and labor costs but at same requiring the best "talent " for the job