Posted on May 4, 2020 by Vivid Resourcing Ltd
My client based in the centre of Brussels is looking for a Data Architect to take a senior position within their team on a minimum 12 month contract.
- Responsible to keep the architectural overview of what gets built by teams in the data area and how they interface with other IT components.
- Responsible for providing and preparing technical topics, and presenting them to teams/management.
- Closely collaborating with analysts and data scientists across all departments within the company.
- Working closely with cloud-based data pipelines, both batch and streaming, and its underlying infrastructure.
- Being a major driver behind the data engineering aspect of the company.
- Experience in designing, analysing and implementing highly available and scalable big data platforms.
- Experience developing in at least one of the following languages in the context of data engineering: Scala, Python, Go, Java, Shell Scripting.
- In depth knowledge of at least one cloud provider, preferably AWS.
- Experience with modern software engineering best practices like design patterns, microservices and chaos-engineering.
- Agile-minded, data-focused.
- Fluent in English.
- LOCATION: Brussels
- DURATION: 12 months +
- START DATE: ASAP
If you wish to be considered for the position available, please e-mail an up to date CV with a contact number or call. Please feel free to pass this advert on to other suitable candidates.
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.