Posted on May 4, 2020 by Forestry Services Ltd.
Forestry Services Limited is looking for a full-time ecologist, preferably with at least one-years' experience.
Forestry Services was established in 1985, it is one of Irelands leading and largest forestry management companies. It secured dual forest management certification to FSC and PEFC status in 2019, becoming the first and presently only private forestry company with such certification.
Clients of the company include farmers, large private estates, investment trusts, professional forestry managers and community associations. The company provide the full suite of forestry services to clients.
A vacancy has arisen for an Ecologist. The successful candidate will be based in our Kilkenny Office. This is an opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual to join our teams and become an integral part of the services we provide. Above all, we are seeking a person with enthusiasm and the drive to succeed. The person must qualify or be eligible for the DAFM list of registered ecologists.
Responsibilities will include:
• Undertaking ecological assessment, particularly Appropriate Assessment, of forestry related projects such as afforestation, harvesting and road construction;
• Coordinating projects with our team of foresters and liaising with external consultants;
• Undertaking background research, desk studies and ecological fieldwork and impact assessment reporting, to best-practice guidelines and methodologies;
• Delivering fit for purpose project outputs within set deadlines
• Have a relevant third level qualification (Degree/Masters) in ecology with a minimum of 1 year's professional experience
• Strong knowledge of relevant environmental/ecological legislation, at both European and National level
• Strong technical knowledge of Irish and European case law in relation to the Habitats Directive and Appropriate Assessment
• Technical expertise of aquatic ecosystems is essential, both freshwater and marine, together with groundwater dependent ecosystems
• Technical knowledge of ecological and environmental impacts and mitigation measures at project and catchment level
• Ability to exercise good judgment with minimal supervision
• Strong optioneering, analysis and decision-making skills
• Good organisational, negotiations and problem resolution skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to secure and compare information from multiple sources and weigh alternative solutions to make informed and appropriate decisions
Salary commensurate with experience, plus phone, laptop and transport.
If you are interested in a challenging career with development opportunities in an expanding industry, as part of an experienced team, please submit your C.V to Forestry Services Ltd, Unit 3, Cillin Hill, Dublin Rd, Kilkenny or by email to - : Closing date for receipt of CV and applications is Friday the 29th of May but may close early due to volume of applications. Short listing of candidates may occur.
Interviews are currently scheduled for week commencing 8th of June.
Informal enquiries about the post can be made to Tadhg Dooley by telephone on (0) or (0).