Big Data Engineer
Posted on May 4, 2020 by Q Networkers
We have an immediate for a Freelance Big Data Engineer for a 6 month + project in Zurich.
This is an English speaking role and would suit someone with 2-3 years of experience looking to grow their experience.
The role can be managed remotely from inside Switzerland and all candidates must be based in Switzerland or have a valid work permit.
- Handling production issues based on big data/Palantir platform.
- Platform morning checks.
- Control-M job handing.
- Co-ordinate with different teams to resolve production issues.
- Production support with big data,Oracle, Unix based platforms
- Ticket handling, prioritize work and fix Production issues quickly with in SLA.
- Incident Management, Ticket handling and issue resolution
- Application and batch monitoring and ensure timely communication to users of the availability/unavailability of system
- Co-ordination with development team, Oracle DBA's, Unix Admins on issues encountered during day-to-day activities and short-term/long-term improvements
- Provide On call and Weekend support for users
- Production platform (Unix/Oracle/Web) problem handling
- Cloudera admin or Data science basics experience
- Strong Unix skills.
- Working knowledge of: Hadoop architect, adding data nodes, Hue, Impala, hive, Hbase
- Good to know: Hadoop tuning, Python.
- Strong ITIL concepts.
Immediate client interviews available.