Pricing, Finance and RFP (Proposal) Analyst, Perm, Richardson,TX
Posted on May 4, 2020 by Electronic Transaction Consultants Corporation
Pricing, Finance and RFP (Proposal) Analyst, Richardson, TX
ETC is one of the leading Toll Roadway services and infrastructure companies in the US. The US Toll Roadway industry has total revenues nearing $20B, and has experienced steady growth recently as government agencies look for new ways of covering their costs and optimizing traffic flow. Since 1999, ETC has been providing Next Generation Lane Toll Systems design, integration, implementation, and maintenance for small, medium, and large-scale toll programs across the United States. ETC is looking for an enthusiastic Pricing/Business/Proposal Analyst, to join our business development team in Richardson TX. This position contributes to the profitability of ETC by providing thorough and competitive cost/pricing analysis in the bid and proposal process. The successful candidate must be able to analyze customer requirements, develop competitive bid pricing and contribute to winning proposals. When not working on bid/proposals, the position will provide financial reporting support to EVP, Finance and other stakeholders as required.
- Read, understand and provide analysis of items in RFPs (Response for Proposal) as they relate to potential cost/price decisions
- Coordinate and establish cost/price schedule; communicate milestones to internal teams; lead cost/price deliverable check-in meetings
- Collect, edit and compile cost/price information into data models and pricing summaries to be submitted to senior leadership
- Compiling pricing data from multiple departments into proposals
- Perform environmental analysis of customers and competitors through Internet research, participation in conferences and/or analysis of contract documentation
- Train peers, SMEs and other members of cross-functional teams on cost/pricing processes and procedures
- Contribute to an effective proposal repository by archiving documents and retaining successful cost/pricing artifacts
- Demonstrate regular and predictable attendance for assigned work hours
- Must be detail-oriented, analytical and able to utilize multiple research methods to accomplish goals
- Above average to advanced knowledge/skills in Excel functions
- Able to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments, work with little supervision and work effectively under pressure and tight/numerous deadlines
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, including senior/executive leadership and Board of Directors
- Able to effectively read and understand technical/requirement documents as well as legal documents such as customer contracts
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
- Must be able to think critically and develop well-reasoned analysis; identify the relevance and importance of information, understand the logical connections between ideas, and solve problems systematically as well as creatively
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, with the capability to build consensus and partnership. Able to understand and effectively navigate internal as well as industry political environment
- Above average to advanced knowledge/skills in standard MS Office suite required
Work Environment This job operates in a professional office environment with moderate levels of noise. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands (like bending, sitting, kneeling, lifting, driving etc.).
- Must be able to read information from a computer screen
- Must be able to sit or stand for periods up to 4 hours
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to read manuals, computer screens and printed materials, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Position may require domestic or international travel up to 5%
Experience and Skills:
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business or other quantitative discipline preferred, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience with pricing project support, project management/control and/or proposal development required
- Business analysis and functional experience with quantitative, analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong background in business operational process improvement. Proven experience developing clear and accurate deliverables from SME and technical source materials
- Intermediate to expert Excel skills, including experience with pivot tables, vlookups, scenario manager
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience contributing to RFP responses for government customers desired
- Experience with RFP software
- Track record for being detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through
- Working with and delivering to the SDLC process
This position will be eligible for a full suite of company benefits, including health, life and disability benefits. This position will also be eligible for the 401k plan, with a company match up to 4% which is fully vested within 2 years.