Back Office Operations Officer - Trading/FX/Derivatives
Posted on May 4, 2020 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Back Office Operations Officer - vacancy requiring profound Trading and Foreign Exchange knowledge for a globally operating Basel based company in the financial sector.
- 2+ years of work experience in banking operations with a profound understanding banking instruments, market practice and new initiatives in the banking industry
- Ability to cope with a variety of tasks, pressure and tight deadlines resulting from good organisational skills
- Strong customer focus and competency to communicate clearly
- Good knowledge of Swift messaging formats and Bloomberg information systems
- Banking diploma or equivalent qualification
- Languages: English fluent in written and spoken, German, Italian or French is a plus
- Operating Back Office operations systems and validating and confirming the accuracy of trade input while also ensuring conformity with rules set by compliance and internal audit
- Participating in IT projects, testing and audits as well as assisting in defining, analysing and proposing processes and system improvements
- Creating and maintaining bond definitions in the trading system as well as deal and settlement instructions
- Determining exceptions in the straight-through processing for all non-standard and complex operations regarding bonds, money market, FX and derivatives instruments
- Investigating and resolving confirmation disparities and settlement failures in collaboration with Front Office, custodians and customers while guaranteeing accuracy and timeliness of confirmations, settlements and payments
- Keeping up with developments in standards and settlements in the financial world
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.