Core Platform Developer
Posted on May 4, 2020 by Brookwood
Core Platform Developer
Brookwood is currently is seeking a Core Platform Developer on behalf of a well-established, global organisation focused around data.
A competitive salary is offered, starting from £60,000 pa, and will be dependent on previous experience. (Please get in touch with Li Li for further details)
Excellent benefits are on offer, such as optional remote working days, parking, 22 days holiday plus additional days between Christmas and New Year, Workplace Pension and Health Insurance which can family members.
The role is based in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire and 2 days remote working is offered.
We are looking for candidates to work on the metadata driven serverless core platform product and whilst the codebase is predominantly written in Scala, we welcome applications from developers with experience in any modern development language, that have an interest in functional programming, with a view to transitioning to Scala. There will be some overlap with the database developers so experience in SQL/NoSQL is also a requirement.
We are looking for candidates to work on the metadata driven serverless core platform product, fraXses, and whilst the codebase is predominantly written in Scala they welcome developers with experience in any modern development language, that have an interest in functional programming, with a view to transitioning to Scala. There will be some overlap with the database developers so experience in SQL/NoSQL is also a requirement.
- Demonstrates ability to write clean, efficient and maintainable code in at least one modern programming language, Scala, Java, Kotlin, Go, Clojure, C++, Erlang, Ocaml,Rust, C#, F#, or Haskell
- Experience in SQL development and database operations.
- Enthusiastic about working in an dynamic and fast paced development environment
- Must be self-motivating and can generate ideas for the future direction of the codebase.
- Experience with modern container environments - Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Experience in using Linux environments
- Should be a social person with a constructive/positive outlook
- Should be used to delivering software in a collaborative team
Non-Essential Desired Requirements:
- Experience of Apache Spark or similar data processing tools - Apache Flink or Apache Ignite
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Redis, CouchDB, Cassandra or Elasticsearch
Experience building and working with distributed microservices and service orchestration.
Knowledge with a modern provisioning tool like Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Experience in AI/Machine Learning.
- Familiarity with modern Continuous Integration and Build tools, GitLab, TeamCity, Jenkins, Travis CI, Circle CI, Bamboo etc.