O&M Solar Energy Electrician (South East)
Posted on May 4, 2020 by PSH Operations
PSH Operations is a dynamic, fast paced environment looking for enthusiastic team members who want to succeed and grow with the company. PSH Operations invest and develop all staff offering long term career opportunities and an exciting working environment. PSH has a large portfolio of ground-mount solar and we are continually looking into new technologies and growing our already talented, experienced team.
The key part of your role will be working as part of a team on multiple solar sites across the company portfolio, making sure that they are maintained to a high standard.
You will have knowledge of DC, LV & HV systems and circuit protection and will be able to diagnose any issues remotely. All electrical work must be carried out in accordance with industry standards and good Health and Safety practices.
Responsibilities of the role:
- You will work to a planned maintenance schedule
- You will respond in a timely manner to breakdowns
- Diagnose faults and Inspect work in progress and upon completion
- Repair equipment when necessary and Inspect work for satisfactory performance.
- Participate and provide on the job training to colleagues
- Review suitable stocks of supplies and equipment and request specialist components, fixtures or fittings as required
- Advise manager on required stock levels and cost
- Ensure compliance with PSH health and safety policy
- Recommend improvements and modifications
- Investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders including the public
- Document work undertaken / daily activities and provide a daily activity report
- Recognise issues and assess risks and review any findings with management
- Participate in internal and external meetings as requested
- Identify and meet personal job-related training and development as required.
- Must hold 17th Edition Electrical Regulations qualification
- Senior Authorised Person or Approved Authorised Person preferred but not essential. (training can be provided)
- Experience of working with central inverter manufacturers would be preferable but not essential
- Must have been in a similar role for a minimum for 2 years with management responsibilities
- Worked on large scale solar projects
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the BS 7671 Wiring Regulation Standards
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of DC Electrical systems
- You must be able to understand site drawings and SLDs.
- Must be able to work under pressure and deal with emergency situations
- Must have strong IT skills
- Must be hardworking, reliable and flexible
- Must be able to work well as part of a team
- Must have strong communication skills
- Possess good attention to detail.
As well as the salary, we offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Death in Service benefit, enhanced pension scheme and companywide bonus scheme.
Why work for us?
PSH are committed to looking after all employees. We believe in giving everyone the opportunity to grow with the company and offer development to all. If you are looking for a long-term career with a dynamic, forward thinking organisation then you could be the right role for you and we would like to hear from you.
If you have not heard back after 2 weeks from your application, unfortunately you have not been successful in making the next stage of our recruitment process.
Please follow the link to see what we do with the data you provide when you apply for this vacancy: