Posted on May 4, 2020 by Harris Lamb
Location: Birmingham (Nottingham office considered)
Salary: £19,500 per annum full time 6 month contract (April-September)
Closing Date: 19th March 2020 or until position is filled
Harris Lamb are looking for a seasonal ecologist to join their expanding Ecology Team. You will work with a large team of planning and ecology consultants on a wide range of regeneration developments over the summer with support from very experienced ecologists. The post comes with competitive salary and a fantastic opportunity for career development with training from our team. We are looking for someone who is happy to be flexible to meet the demands of the survey season and who can work away from home with our ecology team on a regular basis (expenses will be paid). We are happy to have an initial chat if you wish to find out more about the role and Company.
• Project Support - help organise field surveys and obtain data from the local record holders
• Desk studies - reviewing and assessing existing ecological information
• Drawing support - Use AutoCAD to draw Phase 1 maps and other ecology drawings
• Help draft ecology reports and other documents
• Survey support - Accompanying senior ecologists on survey work and providing support.
• General administrative/management tasks relating to project quality, environmental issues, health and safety (including risk assessment), and marketing
Capabilities & Qualifications
• You will ideally hold a relevant Degree
• Ideally a graduate member of CIEEM or working towards membership
• Able to work away from home and hold a full driving licence with access to own car
• Must be able to use AutoCAD
• Keen to learn and positive helpful attitude
If interested please send a CV and covering letter to: .