Posted on May 2, 2020 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Salary: $150k to $165 + 15% to 20% bonus
Location: Chicago, IL
Looking for an all around platform infrastructure person who came up technically in the weeds and got into architecture windows virtualization and can bring to the table linux Red Hat and Containerization orchestration on premise cloud automation Puppet Ansible Docker etc
The Infrastructure Architect is responsible for designing the overall server platforms that support the multiple application stacks that run the business.
- The Infrastructure Architect establishes and maintains enterprise level architecture through the stages of planning, design and execution of all new platform buildouts. They are responsible for setting our strategic direction and future roadmap in the server and systems space.
- Works closely with multiple internal teams and third-party vendors to plan, design and execute projects that support our application strategies.
- Provides expert consultation to inform strategic technology and system decisions as well as tactical decisions related to projects.
- Listening, drawing out key concepts and articulating advanced technical and non-technical concepts with ease (both written and oral formats) to customers, peers and management at several levels and across the organization with minimal oversight.
- Proceeds from concept, to design, to leading the implementation of complex, medium to large scale projects.
- Ability to solicit input from internal and external sources, including the ability to investigate and incorporate best practices from other corporations, experience and sound judgment.
- Shares best practices, lessons learned and constantly updates the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions
- Collaborates with other members of the Company management staff and contributes to manager meetings, quarterly summits, etc...
- Does "whatever it takes" to support the tactical and strategic goals of the team and in the Firm.
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- BS in Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years general technology experience, Law firm experience a plus
- 6+ years high level server/platform infrastructure design
- Knowledge of multiple hardware platforms including Cisco UCS, Nutanix, Netapp and Nimble storage systems.
- Expertise in virtualization architecture using technologies such as Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware ESX, Red Hat Virtualization.
- Experience with containerization solutions and orchestration platforms, both on-premise and cloud based. Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Strong knowledge of templating and automation Scripting such as Power-Shell, Ansible, and Puppet
- Experience with building and maintaining high-availability (>99%) environments
- Strong understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server technologies
- Experience working with Azure PaaS and IaaS
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in preparing reports, presentations and documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency is required.
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally) as necessary