Fund Accounting Assistant
Posted on May 1, 2020 by Pontoon
Our client has served UK customers for over 50 years with their financial needs. Their services include asset servicing, asset management, private equity and hedge fund administration, broker-dealer services, depositary receipts, corporate trust and treasury services.
The Fund Accounting Department is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of daily net asset values (NAVs) for a number of complex funds investing in a wide variety of instrument types including equities, fixed and variable bonds, derivatives and emerging markets.
- Ensure valuations are calculated accurately and prepared to meet valuation deadlines
- Ensure NAV's are issued to all relevant parties in accordance with reporting requirements
- Ensure all cash and holdings reconciliations are completed in accordance with agreed timetables and procedures
- Liaise with custodians to resolve any reconciliation issues
- Prepare income forecasts on a monthly basis
- Prepare fee schedules on a timely basis
- Liaise with investment managers to ensure efficient flow of information as required
- Liaise with clients on operational issues
- Complete statutory returns
- 1+ years work experience in the financial services industry
- Good working knowledge of NAV calculations
- Experience of self checking NAVs
- Experience of identifying and querying Cash & Asset reconciliation items
- Knowledge of the different types of Performance Fees
- Knowledge of Complex Instruments
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Third level qualification in business related discipline
- Experience of Advent/Geneva/NTAS
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.